From my other blog, Church, State, Faith and Culture
The caption, A Grateful Nation Remembers” is appropriate. Whatever political differences the country had at the time, the country came together and helped win WW2. The Memorial recognizes the over 400,00 casualties the US suffered in that war. A grateful nation responded with this beautiful memorial.
Stars and Stripes (and other outlets) reports that yesterday WW2 veterans stormed the memorial which had been closed by the Obama Administration in order to blame shift Republicans for the government shutdown.
Personally, I hope they do it again and again to shame our petty, all or nothing President. If I lived in D.C. I’d help them.
- Honor Flight Veterans Refuse To Take No For An Answer (youviewed.com)
- GIs take first battle of government shutdown (watchdog.org)
- WWII Vets Knock Over Shutdown Barrier to Visit Memorial (freebeacon.com)
- Veteran’s Took Charge (geoffreyfox.wordpress.com)
- Veterans defy shutdown, knock down barricades to enter WWII Memorial (fox59.com)
View original post 16 more words